Sunday, June 19, 2011

Missing Michigan

Hello all! I meant to update you on Michigan earlier-but both Alie and I came down with nasty colds as soon as we got back. However, besides that minor flaw, Michigan was truly amazing. It was one of those trips where so much happens in that week that when you get home it feels as if time has stood still. After a week of constant interaction with the wonderful people also on the trip, it was a little awkward and jolting to be back at home in reality, where you see only a select few. Michigan was refreshing and fun and held adventures for both Alie and I.  Here are a couple photos from the week:

 This is our go karting adventure, where alie claims she beat me, but here is the photo for proof that I'm clearly in front. Ha!
 warming up by the...smoking logs and single flame after tubing.
 This is the ropes course, ie the single most terrifying endeavor I've accomplished. Funny thing is, I've totally done them before, and at very young ages too. But for some reason the ground seemed to shake below and those lines seemed a little more slippery and dangerous. But I made it! Hurrah!
 Spinning around on formal night, getting a glimpse of the beautiful, green, Michigan property. Young Life has the most beautiful estates.
This is alie's fake tattoo...of a cat on her belly button. She went out in a bikini with it at one point forgetting it was there, which provided some good laughs.

The whole group from BOCO

Abover are the wonderful people from boulder Colorao that went on the trip as well. If you look real close, and maybe creepily zoom a little, you can see me on the end at the right, same dress as spinny picture featured above,  holding a camera. Alie is in the very center, in the middle of the standing group,teh blonde and two people the left of Gracie who is wearing a bright red top.Youre welcome:)
I leave for San Francisco in FIVE DAYS! Aaaahhh! So much packing...
I'll keep you updated, but for now...
Keep it Classy:)
xoxo
Leah
**All photos from Jill Johnson's facebook album because I tots forgot to bring my camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment